Winter Home Staging Tips
Selling your home in winter can be challenging, but comes with its own rewards. During winter, there are fewer homes on the market, meaning less competition and higher demand for the homes that are available.
Winter Home Staging Tips:
- Take care of ice and snow: keep your driveway, pathways, patios, decks, and steps to your home shoveled, and sprinkle ice melting salt to prevent ice from forming.
- Keep the roof clear of ice dams. While icicles can look appealing during winter, ice buildup around gutters can indicate a more serious underlying problem leading to water damage.
- Display photos of the exterior of your home (including the yard, garden, and patio or deck) from spring, summer, and fall, so that viewers can get a feel for the year-round look of your home.
- Turn your thermostat up a few degrees to keep potential buyers comfortable. Feeling cold while viewing a home is an extreme turn-off for buyers.
- It gets dark very early during the winter months- combat this by putting outdoor lights on timers so people driving by can easily see your home, and so that potential buyers never arrive to a showing in the dark.
- Put a welcome mat at your front door. This not only looks inviting, but will help prevent snow and mud from being tracked inside. Additionally, consider asking viewers to remove their shoes upon entering. This will not only keep floors clean, but show that you take pride in your home.
- Highlight any features of your home that are especially useful in winter. If you have an attached garage, new furnace or water heater, working fireplace, now is the time to show them off.
- Take advantage of the holidays, but keep decor simple and not overbearing. Hang a wreath on the door and hang up some lights outside. Inside, set up a tree as long as it doesn’t make the room feel cluttered, and set the dining room table as if for a festive holiday party.
Sound Finish Professional Cabinet Painting and Refinishing Services
Sound Finish Provides the highest quality cabinet coatings in the industry because cabinet coatings are our primary focus and our specialty. With 20+ years of experience, our unique system paints your kitchen cabinets in 2-3 days!
Learn more and schedule a consultation today!