3 Kitchen Remodel Hacks
Want to update your worn out kitchen? Here are some tips to save time and money:
Fix up those cabinets.
Instead of completely replacing your cabinets, which can be a costly, time-consuming venture, there’s easier and more affordable options to give new life to your kitchen.
- Replace just the fronts.
- Instead of replacing the entire cabinet system, cabinet refacing replaces just the doors and fronts of your cabinets. This is a much less invasive and much more affordable option to give your kitchen new look.
- Switch up the hardware.
- Cheaper than partial replacement, simply switching up the hinges and handles on your cabinets can give a fresh new look.
- Refinish your cabinets.
Even cheaper than replacement, refacing, and even painting your cabinets, refinishing can bring your old cabinets back to life. Even if your cabinets are chipped, cracked, or peeling, our cabinet refinishing system can restore your woodwork with a hard finish that maintains a beautiful shine for many years to come.
Try on a new coat (of paint).
A new color can change the entire look and feel of your kitchen. What color you choose is up to you, but here’s a few handy tips when looking through swatches:
- Light colors, such as white, ivory, and beige, give off an airy feeling, and can make a room feel larger.
- Grey is a color that has been gaining popularity for kitchen use. A light neutral, it coordinates well with multiple other colors, and makes a great color for countertops, cabinets, or backsplashes.
- Deep warm shades, such as burgundy, create a cozy, comforting environment. It pairs well with natural wood shades as well as lighter accent colors.
- Playful contrasting accents, such as a pop of blue or green, can freshen up any kitchen with a mostly neutral pallet.
- Distressing and Antiquing – A simple way to add character, this technique is an easy option if you’re painting your kitchen cabinets.
Change up your backsplash.
Replacing or upgrading your backsplashes is another easy and affordable way to update the look and feel of your kitchen. Here’s a couple of options:
- A pop of color – Painting your backsplashes with an accent color can add depth and dimension to your kitchen.
- Tiles or mosaic – Instead of a flat surface, using tiles or mosaic-style backgrounds adds texture, detail, and personality.
- Metallic finishes – As an alternative to ceramic or glass tiles, embossed metallic plating is another popular choice to add texture and personality to a kitchen.
Ready to get started and save time and money? Contact Sound Finish for all of your refinishing needs.