Spring brings the promise of a fresh start through sunshine and showers. It also brings plenty of opportunity to stage your home and make fresh updates that are most attractive to buyers. Here are some home staging tips to make your home sell for top dollar.
- Clean Up The Yard – The first thing potential buyers see when they drive up is your yard. That means cleaning up winter debris is a must and possibly re-landscaping if needed. Get frost resistant plants in case another cold spell hits, or invest in silk flowers to bring some color to your yard that you don’t have to worry about watering. If you plan on moving out immediately then hire a landscaper to keep up the yard.
- Spring Cleaning Is A Must – Winter can be dirty with boots with mud tracking through the house. Do a deep clean around the whole house – cleaning all the nooks and crannies. Floors take a lot of abuse during the winter. Give your carpets a thorough cleaning, buff out any worn spots on wood floors, and don’t forget to clean your windows.
In order to do a good job with cleaning, de-cluttering is essential. Pack up your winter clothes and start putting things you don’t need in boxes. Clean out the closets so they look neat and organized. A clean home will impress buyers and make your home more appealing.
- Clear Off The Kitchen Counters – It may be convenient to have your cookbooks and toaster out for easy access, but it just looks cluttered to buyers. Clear your counters of everything but a bowl a fresh fruit for an accent of color.
- Swap Dark Colors For Bright Ones – During the winter, we tend to bring out all the big heavy blankets and have them all over the house. Put those away and bring out bright shawl throws, and add some decorative floral pillows. Get some inexpensive staging items like towels, candles, and table settings in lavender, yellow, sage green, and pale blue colors.
- Let The Sun Shine In – Nothing says spring like a room full of sunshine. Open up the curtains and blinds for instant brightness. If it’s a rainy day turn on all the lights for a showing.
- Bring Spring Aromas Into Your Home – Even if your home looks amazing, it won’t do any good if it doesn’t smell good. Use candles, plug in air fresheners, or fresh cut flowers to make your home smell like spring. You could even bake some cookies to make it smell homey.
- Spruce Up The Entryway – You may go in and out of your home through the garage, but potential buyers will enter through the front door. If your welcome mat is covered in dirt, get a fresh bright one to replace it. Take down winter wreaths and add a spring themed welcome sign for the door.
Sound Finish Provides the highest quality cabinet coatings in the industry because cabinet coatings are our primary focus and our specialty. With 20+ years of experience, our unique system paints your kitchen cabinets in 2-3 days!
Learn more and schedule a consultation today!