Cabinet painting or cabinet refinishing? They are both great options – it just depends on what you want.
What you get with Cabinet Painting
- Cabinet painting has many benefits – for starters, you can choose whatever color you want. While you can go with the trendy colors of muted greens or dusty blues, neutral whites and grays have been around for years, and they are still popular.
- If you choose a neutral color for your cabinets, accent color decorations will pop! The great thing about going neutral is you can change your decorations to whatever color suits the season.
- Lightening up the kitchen makes it feel bigger, and it can be done very easily by painting your cabinets. A light color opens up the space and shows off high ceilings.
- Cabinet painting is cost effective. It is a fraction of the cost of replacing or refacing your cabinets, and it only take 2-3 days time for kitchens.
- Dust DOES show. Even though it’s a little more work to keep clean, at least you know when it’s clean (or dirty).
- There will be maintenance. With fluctuations in the weather, pressure, and humidity, it will effect the wood in your home. Generally the paint will crack where there are changes in the surface of your cabinets. Fortunately, it’s an easy fix.
What you get with Cabinet Refinishing
- If you like the look of natural wood cabinets, then cabinet refinishing is right for you.
- You can choose to keep your current color of your cabinets or you can change it up. There are variety of different stains to choose from, varying from dark walnut to classic cherry to a light honeytone.
- Refinished cabinets are easy to clean and easy to maintain.
- Cabinet refinishing is cost effective. It doesn’t take a lot of time – 1-2 days at most for kitchens.
- They will most likely get scratched. There is no finish that can guard against scratches, but if you take care of your cabinets by using non-abrasive cleansers, then you’ll minimize the amount of scratches.
Interested in cabinet painting or refinishing? Contact Us today for a free quote!
Sound Finish Provides the highest quality cabinet coatings in the industry because cabinet coatings are our primary focus and our specialty. With 20+ years of experience, our unique system paints your kitchen cabinets in 2-3 days!
Learn more and schedule a consultation today!